Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tree Clearing

I walked through the property this morning with Dennis and John to review what trees were being cleared out. It will look very nice when Dennis is done. It is mostly all balsam that is being cut. There are a few pines that have to come down because they are either dying or too close to buildings. I will be sorry to lose those pines but I would rather control when they come down then find them on a cabin after a wind storm.

It is only a few days since I have been up to the lodge but with a coating of snow and some ice on the roads, it is clear the first blast of winter is pushing in on us. As we were all standing on the point near cabin 6, we watched several canoes paddle by. Burr..... It is too cold for me for to be out on the water!

The Gunflint trail is now being repaved starting about Hedstrom Lumber for 5 miles. This work started early September and it was nice to drive on it, at least partially, with new paving.

Clearwater Road's county road number has been re-assigned from 66 to 22. The new signs are all up and there is a sign that says it is was formerly 66. I will need to incorporate that change into our 2010 brochures and website updates.

I saw Lily out walking her dog. I didn't have much time to chat. Dodo was frisking about in the snow in his little coat.

No comments: