Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hail Fight!


There's nothing like a good summer thunderstorm. Yesterday had a gorgeous 70 degree start, but by noon it started to look like trouble. Huge clouds rolled in, and by just after noon it started to downpour. Midway through the storm it started to hail, and all work came to a halt. I was stranded out at my trailer trying to drain the thousands of gallons of slush water that my awning had collected. After the storm had passed, I puddle hopped my way back to the lodge. I took some pictures of the hail that had accumulated, and while walking past the office window I saw the perfect chance to give Matt a little scare. I gathered all the pea sized ice balls my little hands could handle and threw it at the window. Two minutes later Matt and Michael and I were in a full out hail battle. We threw several hand fulls, until our hands were frozen solid. Lily was sure that winter was just around the corner once again because ice was falling with the rain, but we assured her that it would maybe warm up later this week.
-Tori

No comments: