Monday, May 25, 2009

Life as a Food Packer


A little room attached to the outfitting building may not seem appealing to most. This room is the food room, and I am proud to call it my own. I came up to Clearwater for the summer to continue my experience with outfitting. I have accomplished two month long canoe trips with Les Voyageurs Inc, an experience for high school students. From these trips I acquired the knowledge of food preparation, packing, camping and canoeing. I wanted to bring some of that experience to the people passing through Clearwater, and I had no idea Peggy, Lynn and Mike would be so accommodating. I will be trying new recipes, making a batch or two of dehydrated fruit, veggies and beef jerky for the trips going out in June. Being in that little room I call home has treated me well so far, and I expect nothing less than success for the trips to come.
-Tori

No comments: