Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wednesday May 16

I am sitting here this morning and I thought 'I have nothing to post regarding the fire'. Then I thought ' wow, that is great news, I HAVE NOTHING TO POST ABOUT THE FIRE'. Per the forest service at the meeting last night, containment is looking good. We are meeting with the forest service later this afternoon regarding the re-opening of the entry points. Hopefully we will have some good news on that tomorrow.

On lodge news our summer staff has been showing up in the midst of all this. Lynnette is joining us for the summer from Concordia. Erik and Ed are returning and Erik came Saturday night while Ed comes in June. Ed and Erik have convinced a friend, Vince, to come for the summer and he arrives today. Lynnette's parents had to pass a road block to drop her off. I think we are all lucky that she did not turn around and go home!

As usual, Stephanie and Travis are invaluable and have been working non stop during this time to get everyone organized, cabins opened, boats launched and everything else you have to do in the spring to open a resort.

Lynn

No comments: