Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Smile of the Heavens






My dear dodo,

You went to the heaven two months ago. I miss you so much and I have been suffering since you left me. The winter is over, and Clearwater Lake has melted. The beautiful summer is coming already. I wish you were here. You would like to walk around again.

It seems like it is yesterday once more… in January 1994 a cold winter, god brought you into my life. You were just a cute little puppy. So many happy times and wonderful memories we shared during the 16 years. You had a long life for a dog, but for us that was never enough. We traveled so many places together in China, and spent good times and bad times with each other. You are an amazing dog with a sweet personality and I love you very much. I am glad you had a warm home and a dream life with everything I did for you. I am sure you were a happy dog, absolutely.

When you were 14 year old in 2008, you made it here to the USA from China. I was really proud of you. I would have never come to USA without you, you know that. I will never give up. That was a great experience for both of us on the trip. We stayed in the USA for two and half months then returned to China. In March 2009 we made it here again and decide stay forever.

Winter was very cold here in Minnesota. You had never seen snow in your life before. You were used to living in South China. Every day we went outside for a walk and I put pretty coats and boots on you. You looked like at little rabbit. You enjoyed the snow of course, and you enjoyed summer because swimming was your favorite. We had lots of fun.

Winter of 2010 was the last winter for you. Early March you were sick and things came up suddenly. You went to heaven before the night we were sleep together. I didn’t know this was the last night for us. The next morning the vet told me your kindeys failed already. I felt so guilty. I always have confidence in your health, and I should have known you were an old dog. I should have known that something was wrong with your kidneys when we visited the vet three months ago. I should have done something for you; it might have kept you here a little longer. I would give up everything I have if you could come back to me. I was really regretting that. Everything it was too late. I can’t forgive myself.

My dear dodo, you never had any suffering in your life. I can’t see you suffering, and I know you would not have gone, because you love me. You waited for me the first time I took my road test and I got my driver’s license. This was a painful decision. I never had it in my life, and my heart was broken. Finally I had to put you to sleep. I stayed with you until you went to heaven.

When I took you home for your last shower, I put new clothes and boots on you. You looked like a pretty sleeping angle. I have your ashes here with me now. I talk to you every day. I know you can hear how I miss you.

My dear dodo, heaven is a peaceful place for you to stay. You won't suffer anymore, and you can walk and eat again. You will be a lucky and happy dog again. You will meet so many of your old friends in heaven. I will see your sun shining smile in my dreams at night.

You’re such a wonderful boy and I remember how I love you. I will move on with you in spirit. You will always be in my heart, and you will be forever.

I love you my dearest dodo,
Your owner,
Lily

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you have any pictures?