Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The summer lull

This is the week that it slows down here. We have about a week where it is quiet and then it picks back up from labor day until we close. Add to that we have the wedding September 9th!

Most of our guests are adults and if we do have children here, they are younger than school age. As you saw from Michael's last blog, this is also the time that our summer college staff has to head back. We have heard from Michael and Tori and they got back to school. Matt where are you??? We are lucky this year that we will have Scott until the end of the month and Lily and Erik until we close.

This is the time of year when we all start multitasking. Lily was surprised I could actually clean. She suggested that I might be able to handle the dusting but I did clean a cabin today by myself....and I can feel it in my back and legs. It is time to get in 'cleaning shape' again.

This is also the time of the year when the phones quiet down and emails slow down so I get to get out of the office. I use any excuse I can to walk down the road. Along the way, I pick and eat the raspberries. The weather has been beautiful and I just love getting out and enjoying a little of it before the next wave hits.

Lynn

No comments: