Sunday, June 01, 2008

Birds of Minnesota


I love this time of the year just for the birds. In the morning before I get up I just listen to them all singing. I don't know my MN birds yet but I am learning some them as time passes. I don't know their songs at all but I did get a 'Birds of Minnesota' audio CD. So far I haven't listened to it! I am not a birder but I really enjoy seeing them and trying to identify them. I find that I have to get a good picture and then go to my bird book. There are less than a dozen I can identify without my field guide now which I feel for me is pretty darn good. Kyle, who is from Indiana, took this photo today. Then we all gathered around our bird book to identify this Evening Grosbeak.
Kyle leaves tomorrow to return to IN. We are driving to Duluth for him to catch his flight. We will miss him and sure did appreciate his help in getting us opened up for the spring.
Lynn




No comments: