Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Woodland Chic


During the lazy winter months I usually enjoy watching the Today show in the mornings as I am getting ready for the day and drinking my tea. Today the TV crew featured a decorating segment on the popularity of 'Woodland Chic'. Apparently it is the season's decorating craze and I realized just how stylish we were without trying. The segment featured little rustic Christmas ornaments in the shapes of bears and deer, table settings with antlers, carved deer heads for the walls, wood style fabrics and wooden 'root' furniture. I had to laugh because I could just imagine what the centerpieces and wall decorations cost and most of these things I can pick up on a walk in the woods for just the cost of lugging it home.


I am proud to say, our lodge is quite chic! I have antlers everywhere, bearskin rugs and authentic wooden furniture. My antler lights are real antlers, not resin copies. Christmas decorations we pick up from the yard in the fall and just hang in the tree. Our 'root' furniture is our dining room table, each complete with a tree trunk base. And believe me, these are real tree trunks, I have to move them around in the summer when we serve breakfast and they feel like you are lifting an entire tree.


I thought I would treat you to a photo of my very stylish, "woodland chic" living room. If the folks from the Today show had only visited here, we could have shown them the real thing.

No comments: