Saturday, December 05, 2009

Sixteen Reasons......



I got an email from Karen Geneau several weeks ago called 'Sixteen Reasons why the Johnson Clan loves Clearwater'. In it, she included 16 wonderful pictures of the visits the family has made over the past several years. The 'Johnson Clan' is composed of multiple families....Geneau, Julius, Green, Conroy, and Summer. It may include a few more as I see more of the family come each summer. Years ago, the family had a cabin on McFarland lake built by Charlie Boostrom.

You probably know, I am in Indiana again for the winter. One of the things I really miss about not being at the lodge during the winter is not having the opportunity for pictures to keep posting on the blog during the season. I also miss the extreme beauty of the winter landscape and the deep quiet when out in the snow. But if I am honest, I do like not having to plug in my car at 20 below so it starts the next morning, wondering if I will get 2 or 20 inches of snow and how long it will take me to get out and the cautious driving on the roads. I could go in with the pro's and con's but you get the general idea.

So, I really love it when I get these pictures from our guests from the past summers. I never get tired of seeing the wildlife, scenery and family shots. It always brings back the summer and I can just smell the lodge and campfires. I start looking forward all over again to returning to the spring and getting the resort open and running.

No comments: