Saturday, February 16, 2008

Cabin and Lodge Books

In every lodge room and every cabin, we have a book where we invite our guests to make comments on what they did while visiting and record thoughts. Although I rarely seem to have time to read the books, I do try from time to time because they are so interesting. When we first bought Clearwater Lodge, I read the book in Cabin 6 where Peg and Mike had been bringing their family for years and I read all the kids notes about what they did when they were little and spending such wonderful vacations in MN at Clearwater Lodge.

Well, I can't get into the cabins during the winter but I have been reading the books in the lodge. Sometimes there are wonderful drawing, sometimes comments on the big fish that were caught or got away. Some of the best enties are from the kids who write what they enjoyed and did. In October 2006 Mike Hardy from Vicksburg, MI wrote this poem before a canoe trip with his son and I so enjoyed reading it again today as I was cleaning the room. We were expecting 8 inches of snow the day of their canoe trip.

If it were just the snow I'd say 'let's go"
What if ? "heavy wind may become our trips end"
Let this adventure unfold. We'll be bold in the cold.
Let us use some common sense! guess we are still on the fence.
A vision of white, lakeshore provides yet another beautiful site.
The waters await as we ponder our fate.
With God by our side our journey is great.
No matter what we decide as we sit here fireside,
We've had some some fun
Just being Father and Son.

No comments: