Saturday, December 02, 2006

Return to the Lodge


I am back from my Thanksgiving trip to Indiana. I had a wonderful two weeks with family and friends and met a new great-nephew. In Indiana, we had record warm temperatures and it was pleasant to get out each day without a jacket. It sure makes Christmas shopping easier! I took advantage of close shopping and movie theaters, something I don't see much of up here in the northwoods.

I drove back to the lodge right before a storm moved through my driving route and dumped some serious snow in Chicago. Driving around Chicago is always the most challenging part of the drive but I was very glad I didn't have to do it in the first snow storm of the season.

We also got snow today in MN. We are expecting 6 inches today and maybe the same tomorrow. It has transformed the woods, as it always does, from the bare brown of early winter to the wonderful white that makes me think of the holidays to come. If this is the same as past years that I have been here, this is the snow that will not melt and is the start of our winter base of snow. This photo is of the boat house with the aluminum canoes getting their blanket of snow for the winter. .....Lynn

No comments: